TUESDAY NIGHT REHEARSALS
During marching season band students have a mandatory practice every Tuesday evening. The practice helps build marching skills throughout the season.
Tuesday evenings during marching band season (see CALENDAR for details)
- 5:45 pm – arrival time
- 6:00 pm – rehearsal begins
- 9:00 pm – rehearsal concludes
RBHS Band Room/Marching (Football) Field
Food & Drink
- No food/drinks provided. You can bring your own.
- Occasionally, students have “band buddies” who may provide a bag of favorite snacks/drinks.
- Bring water or sports drink to stay hydrated.
- Casual – athletic shorts and t-shirts
- Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket as it tends to cool off in the evening, especially later in the marching season.
- Occasionally, certain instrument sections dress in “theme” to show their unity and spirit.
- Athletic shoes and socks, NO SANDALS OR BARE FEET
What to Bring
- Instrument/mouthpiece if not stored at school
- Sweatshirt – sometimes evenings can be a bit cool
- Your smiles, willingness to learn and great attitude
Your student typically will not need money for rehearsal.
Get acquainted with band parents that live in your area. Arranging carpools cuts down on number of pick-ups/delivery for everyone and saves on gas, wear and tear on car/parent.
Park in the RBHS parking lot. You can drop students off in the circle in front of the Performing Arts Center, but do not park there.
Can My Student Drive Him/Herself?
Yes, if your student is a licensed driver and has parent permission.
Can I Watch?
Parents are always welcome and encouraged to observe Tuesday night rehearsals.
What do I need to know as a parent?
It’s a great opportunity to bond with other band parents, talk with “seasoned” band parents, network with potential car pool people and satisfy your wonder about exactly what your kid does Tuesday evenings. Near the end of most Tuesday night sessions you will have an opportunity to purchase all things RBHS band – shirts, license plate frames, seat cushions, hats, etc. These make great gifts for siblings, grandparents, aunts, etc. If you ordered gift cards through Shop with Scrip, this is also available for pick-up with Eleanor Pe.
Volunteers are always needed and you can sign up online. Ask a Band Booster board member or committee chair how you can help for a single day or multiple activities throughout the band season.