Volunteering with the RBHS Music Boosters is a wonderful way to participate in your child’s Royal Regiment experience. While your participation is crucial to the success of this award-winning program; it also provides you unique insights into your child’s activities, experiences, and their peer groups. It also introduces you to a great group of parents. It’s definitely a win-win situation for all involved and we hope you will join us.
Your help is welcome any time. However, if you would like to volunteer to be a Chaperone, or to help with Uniforms or on the Equipment Crew, you will need to be cleared through the District by completing and submitting the following three documents (if you haven’t done so already):
- Megan’s Law Background Check, (Level 1 Volunteer Application): This form only has to be submitted once. Once you are cleared, you will not have to submit this form again during your entire tenure with PUSD. Click here to obtain Megan's Law Background form. A valid government ID must be presented with the form.
- Code of Conduct: Sign, date, and submit. This form only needs to be submitted once. However, if you change your clearance status from a Level 1 to a Level 2 (fingerprinting required), you will need to submit a new Code of Conduct along with your new clearance status. Click here to obtain Code of Conduct form.
- TB Risk Assessment: Effective July 1, 2017, there is a change in the required tuberculosis testing for school volunteers. Due to new regulations from both the state and county, PUSD nurses will no longer be providing TB clearance. The law requires that TB clearance be completed by a licensed health care provider. The provider will determine if risk factors exist and provide a TB test, if needed. If you are due for your screening (once every four years), please see your provider to comply. View the announcement from PUSD.
Additional Paperwork that may be required:
- Volunteer Site Transfer Request: This form is required to transfer your Megan’s Law clearance status from one PUSD school to another PUSD school as you move or your child(ren) promote from Elementary to Middle to High School. If you were cleared through your child’s Middle School, you must now transfer your clearance to Rancho Bernardo High School. Click here to obtain Volunteer Site Transfer Request.
Ways to submit your volunteer clearance paperwork to Volunteer Coordinator, Rebecca MacGowen:
- Have your child drop it in the Drop Box in Mr. Otani’s band room office
Note: you can scan & email TB Test or x-ray, but all other paperwork must be originals