RANCHO BERNARDO PERCUSSION
The Rancho Bernardo High School Percussion Program has risen to become one of the premier percussion programs in California. Rancho Bernardo has won many accolades and recognitions in both local and regional competitions. Members of the Rancho Bernardo Percussion Program are versatile and strive for the highest level of performance in all aspects of music.
- (3:30 to 5:30) @ RBHS Band Room - May 21(all), 23(HS only on this day), and 28(all)
These workshops will help prepare student interested in auditioning for the RBHS drumline. Over the course of the three weeks, observations will be made and we will begin to position students for the final auditions.
- Final Audition Date (3:30 to 5:00) @ RBHS Band Room - June 4th
This will be the final round of auditions for the percussion section at RBHS. Over the course of summer, positions may be adjusted based on performance progress and work ethic.
Current high school students must be at the proficiency levels listed below in order to audition on the specific instruments mentioned. Incoming freshmen are welcome to audition for the drumline on any instrument, and will be given opportunity to experience all instruments during the workshop.
- Snare Drum - 100% of all RBHS grade level rudiments passed off
- Tenors - Freshmen, Sophomore and Junior rudiments passed off
- Bass Drum - Freshmen and Sophomore rudiments passed off
- *Need help with rudiments? Visit http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudiments.php for online tutorials
- Marimba - 100% of all RBHS grade level scale proficiencies passed off
- Vibes - Freshmen, Sophomore and Junior proficiencies passed off
- Impact and Auxiliary - Open to all students
For more information regarding the percussion program, please CLICK HERE to email Mr. Otani.